2017 was a pretty epic year for our little organization that could. At the beginning of the year, we weren't sure what we would accomplish or how much impact we could possibly have, but GOd used us in ways we could never have imagined.
Instead of doing six trainings in one location, we did 30 trainings in five locations. Instead of reaching 50 students and parents, we reached nearly 150 students and taught nearly 50 parents. Instead of one language, we taught in four. We provided two educational scholarships and provided uniforms for another four students. But perhaps our proudest accomplishment was getting medical services for a nine-year-old boy with severe scoliosis who had never seen a doctor. As his aunt said: "Before we met you, we didn't even know his condition was curable. We thought he would be like this for the rest of his life. Thank you so much for bringing us to meet with the doctor and getting him into physical therapy!" We want to say a big "THANK YOU" to Vital Voices for providing us the finances to meet such varied needs in our communities. We were also excited to create partnerships with Prosperous Youth Foundation, Days for Girls and the foster care department of Chiang Mai.
We have planned our year for 2018 and it's already packed! We still have a few things to schedule, but here's what we have to look forward to:
- Teaching caregivers from children's homes and boarding school dorms how to teach their kids to protect themselves from abuse and exploitation.
-Providing a full course on Love and Logic Parenting to families in three communities
- Working with six students to obtain Thai citizenship so they can be recognized as full citizens in the country where they were born.
- Providing financial and emotional support to the foster care team as they teach current and future foster families how to care for children well.
- Teaching children in the foster system how to protect themselves from abuse and exploitation
- Distributing more Days for Girls kits to girls in rural villages in Chiang Mai province.
- Creating videos for the foster care department to share with the public the benefits of foster care for both children and families
- launching the Building Family Dreams program with seven families in Lahu villages in rural Chiang Mai. This will be an 18 month program providing financial training, career assistance, healthy communication techniques and fun outings for the whole family. This will be our pilot program with plans to offer this assistance to at risk families once foster children have been reintegrated into their family of origin.
Thanks for coming along for the ride! We are excited to share our ups and downs with you. If you would like to contribute financially, be added to our newsletter list or throw a fundraiser for us, please contact us at email@example.com